Here is an update real quick:
Brittney is having flashbacks when sleeping or napping, she has gone to a chiropractor to help with back pain and get her body in line to help with the birth of our baby.
Katie Marie has been resting all day and enjoys coloring in books and the things that people have brought her. She threw up breakfast this morning sadly, but has kept everything else in. In contrast she said that the rice krispy treat was really good.
Now for my story as far as it goes, she got hurt and now she is ok.....J/K
7:23 am - I decided to leave early so I could go get some groceries, since I am a morning person and prefer to get things done early. Things were going great, the girls were sleeping and I was ready to go.
8:28 am - Brittney called the dispatcher (we looked on her phone)
8:33 am - I got home from shopping and had all the groceries in my hands so I could make as few a trips as possible. As I entered the house and put the groceries on the counter I noticed Brittney talking on the phone and an occasional loud moan from Katie Marie. At first I thought nothing of it, then I heard Katie Marie moan more and my ears perked up and I started to wonder what was going on. I started walking to the bedrooms and looked in our bedroom thinking Brittney was on the phone talking to a friend and that Katie Marie had gotten into trouble. I didn't see anybody in our bedroom so I walked into the girls room and what I saw started to scare me.
At first saw a huge mess with the armoire on the ground. Then I saw Katie Marie and Brittney on the floor with blood covering Katie Marie's face. I don't remember much if any of the conversation that Brittney had with the dispatcher, because I was trying to analyze the situation. Once I understood what was going on Brittney gave me the phone and told me to talk to the dispatcher. I started talking to the dispatcher who told me to open the door for the police officer that would be coming and the ambulance. The dispatcher kept asking me if Katie Marie was still awake because I kept leaving the room to unlock and open the door and watch for the officer. So I answered yes multiple times.
Once the officer arrived, I got off the phone with the dispatcher and showed the officer where the scene was. Then the officer waited outside for the ambulance to show up. While the officer was out I grabbed some consecrated oil and gave Katie Marie a priesthood blessing. What a blessing it is to be worthy to hold the Priesthood of God in order to administer it in times like these. Shortly after the officer arrived the ambulance showed up. I have figured out that when I am shock I want to help or do something to help so, in the meantime I started putting away the groceries that needed to be in the refrigerator. The paramedics walked in as I was putting away the groceries and asked me where the girl was so I told them where she was. They ran back and started working on her while I finished some of the groceries and talked with a member of the bishopric from our ward who saw everything going on outside. After a few minutes we saw a helicopter fly by and noticed that it was the "life flight" helicopter. I knew something horrible had happened now that the helicopter was here.
Moments later Katie Marie came out on a stretcher with the paramedics and they put her in the ambulance to take her to the helicopter that landed near our house. I grabbed Belinda as Brittney and Katie Marie went into the ambulance and got her ready to go outside. Once they were gone I didn't know what to do. (I wanted to be with my family, but I didn't want to be helpless) Some neighbors showed up and started to talk to me about the situation. I then went into the girls room and started cleaning up the blood that was on the carpet (this is what I do when I am in shock, I clean). Then, my neighbor saw me cleaning and then kicked me out of my house and told me to be with my family. I ran to where the helicopter was since it wasn't that far. When I got there, again there was nothing that I could do, I felt helpless and I hated it. Then, Brittney told me to go and get the car so we could drive to the hospital. I ran back to the house, and saw more people had showed up. I did some quick explanation on what was going on and got in the car. Told my neighbors to take Belinda and others to lock up while somebody asked to clean the house, so I told them to go ahead. I picked up Brittney and we headed off to the hospital from there my story merges with Brittney's and you can enjoy those on previous blogs.
However, that same night when I came home from the hospital to sleep, I stopped by Walmart, purchased some brackets, and bolted those objects to the wall. I think if anything more serious would have happened, I think I would have chopped up the armoire and used it for firewood.
Below are some pictures to enjoy.

Here I am reading Zack's Alligator to Katie Marie while in the hospital

Here is the culprit of our traumatic weekend. Katie Marie was climbing the dresser to get that giraffe on top when it fell on her.


Brittney is having flashbacks when sleeping or napping, she has gone to a chiropractor to help with back pain and get her body in line to help with the birth of our baby.
Katie Marie has been resting all day and enjoys coloring in books and the things that people have brought her. She threw up breakfast this morning sadly, but has kept everything else in. In contrast she said that the rice krispy treat was really good.
Now for my story as far as it goes, she got hurt and now she is ok.....J/K
7:23 am - I decided to leave early so I could go get some groceries, since I am a morning person and prefer to get things done early. Things were going great, the girls were sleeping and I was ready to go.
8:28 am - Brittney called the dispatcher (we looked on her phone)
8:33 am - I got home from shopping and had all the groceries in my hands so I could make as few a trips as possible. As I entered the house and put the groceries on the counter I noticed Brittney talking on the phone and an occasional loud moan from Katie Marie. At first I thought nothing of it, then I heard Katie Marie moan more and my ears perked up and I started to wonder what was going on. I started walking to the bedrooms and looked in our bedroom thinking Brittney was on the phone talking to a friend and that Katie Marie had gotten into trouble. I didn't see anybody in our bedroom so I walked into the girls room and what I saw started to scare me.
At first saw a huge mess with the armoire on the ground. Then I saw Katie Marie and Brittney on the floor with blood covering Katie Marie's face. I don't remember much if any of the conversation that Brittney had with the dispatcher, because I was trying to analyze the situation. Once I understood what was going on Brittney gave me the phone and told me to talk to the dispatcher. I started talking to the dispatcher who told me to open the door for the police officer that would be coming and the ambulance. The dispatcher kept asking me if Katie Marie was still awake because I kept leaving the room to unlock and open the door and watch for the officer. So I answered yes multiple times.
Once the officer arrived, I got off the phone with the dispatcher and showed the officer where the scene was. Then the officer waited outside for the ambulance to show up. While the officer was out I grabbed some consecrated oil and gave Katie Marie a priesthood blessing. What a blessing it is to be worthy to hold the Priesthood of God in order to administer it in times like these. Shortly after the officer arrived the ambulance showed up. I have figured out that when I am shock I want to help or do something to help so, in the meantime I started putting away the groceries that needed to be in the refrigerator. The paramedics walked in as I was putting away the groceries and asked me where the girl was so I told them where she was. They ran back and started working on her while I finished some of the groceries and talked with a member of the bishopric from our ward who saw everything going on outside. After a few minutes we saw a helicopter fly by and noticed that it was the "life flight" helicopter. I knew something horrible had happened now that the helicopter was here.
Moments later Katie Marie came out on a stretcher with the paramedics and they put her in the ambulance to take her to the helicopter that landed near our house. I grabbed Belinda as Brittney and Katie Marie went into the ambulance and got her ready to go outside. Once they were gone I didn't know what to do. (I wanted to be with my family, but I didn't want to be helpless) Some neighbors showed up and started to talk to me about the situation. I then went into the girls room and started cleaning up the blood that was on the carpet (this is what I do when I am in shock, I clean). Then, my neighbor saw me cleaning and then kicked me out of my house and told me to be with my family. I ran to where the helicopter was since it wasn't that far. When I got there, again there was nothing that I could do, I felt helpless and I hated it. Then, Brittney told me to go and get the car so we could drive to the hospital. I ran back to the house, and saw more people had showed up. I did some quick explanation on what was going on and got in the car. Told my neighbors to take Belinda and others to lock up while somebody asked to clean the house, so I told them to go ahead. I picked up Brittney and we headed off to the hospital from there my story merges with Brittney's and you can enjoy those on previous blogs.
However, that same night when I came home from the hospital to sleep, I stopped by Walmart, purchased some brackets, and bolted those objects to the wall. I think if anything more serious would have happened, I think I would have chopped up the armoire and used it for firewood.
Below are some pictures to enjoy.
Here is the culprit of our traumatic weekend. Katie Marie was climbing the dresser to get that giraffe on top when it fell on her.
These are now part of our permanent decor. We could care less about the holes in our wall as long as there are no more holes in our children.
The fracture went all the way through the ear bone on her right side. Now she has a huge bruise on one side of her head. That was were the blood was coming out of her ear.




2 comments:
Everytime I read the updates I am just amazed at how well she is doing for the events that took place. She and the rest of your family are spoken of often in our prayers. You have wonderful neighbors! I hope you all heal from this quickly.
Truly a miracle! I am so relieved to hear how well she is doing! We've kept her in our prayers so often! What a little trooper to be up and at it already again. She'll have a hard time laying low for six weeks I bet! So glad you haven't gone into labor yet and hopefully you won't for a few more days until you all can feel a little more settled!
Post a Comment