Sunday, March 27, 2011

Katie Marie Emergency update

Yes it is 4:30/5 am. If you think I'm getting any sleep tonight, you're mistaken. Katie Marie has woken up several times during the night, disoriented and needing to go potty badly. It's quite the process every time she has to go. All of her monitors need to be unhooked and her IV rolled to the bathroom with her. I finally decided to ask for the Tylenol so that she could get a better nights sleep. Up until this point her pain complaints haven't been too great and I've wanted to know how she really is feeling so haven't wanted her to be on any pain meds, but I think when it comes to a good nights sleep that's a different story. She is still vomiting blood, but it is becoming more runny and clear. The nurses and people taking care of us have been absolutely wonderful and sweet. Katie Marie's neck x-rays were cleared and she remained alert and aware enough to be able to finally get her neck brace off (much to her relief). She did complain about her head hurting on both sides (that will probably last a while) and she has been able to basically walk with her own two legs to the bathroom. All in all, good signs. I'm staying here with her tonight while Randy decided he wanted to go home, shower, bolt the armoir firmly to the wall, etc. etc. Belinda is with my parents. During the evening Katie Marie had a few very small bites of jello and a few licks of a popsicle, but she said she wants to save it for breakfast on Sunday! She's had a few cute things she's said (I wish I could remember them all). When the nurse asked her if she knew where she was, she said, "right here." She also said another time something like, "my tears are falling out." She told daddy, "I think I want daddy to give me a blessing now. We can ask the doctors for some oil." (Randy already anointed her earlier so he just gave her a father's blessing). There were many more cute things, but I can't really think of them all. She's just cute all around. Around 8:30pm my Mom, Dad, Sister, Brother, and Belinda came to visit. Here are some of the pictures taken around that time. Belinda being the only eye witness has had a traumatic day herself, poor girl. She was very concerned about her sister and kept telling us while pointing to Katie Marie, "It fell, head. It fell, head."



Giving sister kisses.
We are so grateful for all of your continued prayers and fasting in behalf of Katie Marie. We definitely feel the love and support from so many people. Visitors need to be kept at a minimum, so we probably will ask all friends not to come tomorrow, but we do appreciate the phone calls and e-mails (don't feel too offended if we don't answer the phone though, because reception isn't very good here). Thanks again to everyone.

6 comments:

Jill said...

Thanks for the update Brittany. It sound like things are getting better. I'm very relieved that Katie Marie's neck is okay. She's a blessed little girl. Things could have been so much worse.

We're still praying for you!

Kim said...

We are so glad that you updated. Our thoughts and prayers have been with you and your little family. We are grateful to know that she is doing well and recovering. Tender mercies of the Lord are so evident, what a blessing. We will continue to prayer for her to have a full recovery. We love you!

Karla said...

You have our prayers still! I am so happy to hear that her neck x-rays were good. What a scary thing. Poor little Belinda. I am sure your girls will remember this for years and talk about it, and want to hear the story again. I know my girls love hearing stories about themselves. You looked so in control and brave when I saw you, you both seemed to be handling it all so well. Be sure to let us know if we can be of any help. Love you guys!

Krisha said...

Our thoughts and prayers are and have been with your family ever since we heard. We are so glad to hear of the update and that things sound so positive. The kids keep asking about Katie Marie and when she will be home. I hope you were able to get some rest today after a long day and night yesterday and last night. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Love, Krisha

The Riries said...

Oh my goodness, that breaks my heart. So so so glad she is ok and getting better.

Rebecca said...

Wow, sounds like an eventful weekend! Glad to hear she's doing better! Love and prayers from our family to yours!