Belinda and Katie Marie were the last ones to give Papa a kiss before the casket was closed. It was really sweet. Belinda still talks and prays about Papa and that he died. Katie Marie cried a few times at the funeral because she was sad that Papa died. If I cry now she always asks me, "are you crying because Papa died?" Surprisingly I haven't cried too much and I've handled things a lot better than I anticipated. I've decided it helps that I don't have any regrets with my grandpa. Also, the sentimental things have been taken care of already like when Randy broke the sled that my grandpa gave me (one that he had used for us grandkids when we were younger). I was pretty upset knowing he would die and that that was something that my kids wouldn't get to use, but luckily I was able to tell my grandpa about it and he didn't seem to think it was too big of a deal, so that helped. Anyway, like I said, I was able to hold it together really well that week, until I went to the temple (that's where I lost it). I was bawling in the Celestial Room. I told a lady in my ward about it while we were in the locker room. I assured her I would be perfectly okay again once I got out of the temple. Which was true.
Katie Marie got these flowers from the funeral.
We also celebrated a little girl's birthday.
Here she is sitting on her potty chair.
She received these awesome Magformers from the grandparents.
We gave her some magic mess free markers to color with. I'm a big fan that's for sure!!!
Eating her birthday cupcake.
Great-grandma gave Belinda this cute little puzzle train.
We found a new home for Ginger (super cute little family). I was a little sad, but it's just not a good time for us right now in our life to keep her. In the future, after we get a fence around our yard, we'll get another dog. The girls were fine saying goodbye so there really wasn't too much to be sad about.
We've had quite the run around of sickness the last few weeks. Belinda started it off with a nice cough and congestion in mid February, then Randy picked up with a stomach flu that lasted a few days all around the funeral. Then Katie Marie threw up and I came down with a really bad cold (I was worried that it might have been a flu because my mom was diagnosed with influenza B at the same time I came down with my sickness. We'd call each other while laying in bed all week to check up on each other). I didn't go to the doctor however, so I don't exactly know what I had, but it didn't seem as bad as what my mom had although it was probably the worst cold I've ever had. Oh and just as I was beginning to feel a little better I tripped while running down the hall to put Belinda in her bedroom because she was throwing a fit and I smacked my head REALLY hard on the door frame of her room. I started crying really hard and yelled to Katie Marie to help me and call daddy because I was just laying there with Belinda and was afraid I'd pass out if I tried to stand up. Belinda said she hit her head too, but I checked and didn't see any red marks and she got up and started running around again soon after, so I guess she was okay (needless to say she didn't end up going to her room). I on the other hand was bleeding and had a massive head ache for a good day. I had to sleep propped up with pillows because my head would throb if I layed down. Just what I needed to top off being sick right? One of my sweet friends knew I was sick and just so happened to surprise us by bringing over dinner, which we ate the next night. Another neighbor brought over cookies (her husband helped Randy give me a blessing). Everyone has been so nice to us. Anyway, the last few days Belinda has had a temperature, congestion and ear infections which only lasted about a day. Then Katie Marie had an ear infection in each of her ears (both on consecutive days). Now the girls are better again and we're all feeling quite a bit better (I still have a little bit of a lingering cough). Katie Marie can't hear me very well. I have to practically yell for her to understand what I'm saying to her, but I know that can last for several weeks after having an ear infection. We all made it through without having to go to the doctor (knock on wood)!!!
It has been beautiful the last few days and I'm getting excited for Spring to finally be here. I feel the nesting instinct primarily in getting my yard and garden prepared before the big day. I'm pretty sure when the time gets closer I'll be frantically trying to clean my disaster zone house and do laundry like mad, but until then I've mostly been relaxing in bed while my girls sit and watch movie after movie (mostly because of the sickness thing).
Here's my random thought: I like books!!! I collect them. Lucky for me Randy and I share this interest and I get to sit in bed at night and fall asleep listening to my husband read to me. We don't watch T.V. so this is what we do to relax and unwind from the day. I LOVE it!!! We've gone through several books and series of books together (Pendragon, Fablehaven, Leven Thumps, The Thief, Redwall, etc.). We're currently reading "The 13th Reality."
I've been reading chapter books to Katie Marie. We've read "Charlotte's Web" and "Stuart Little" and are currently reading "Ferngully". Belinda also loves books. Her favorites are "Stand Tall Molly Lou Melon" and "The Rainbow Fish."
I'm sure there will be more to report about March, but there you go for now.




2 comments:
Hey we are heading your way next month! Your girls are so beautiful, and I am glad things went well with your grandpa's funeral. They are such amazing, spiritual experiences.
So nice to feel better. Spring is my favorite time of the year. A great time to have a baby.
Post a Comment