Monday, July 26, 2010

July isn't over yet

When I said there wouldn't be much more to report for this month, I guess I was wrong. Some of it is not so good like the fact that our Carbon Monoxide detector went off twice in a 24 hour time frame (don't worry no problems, just a faulty detector) and the fact that Belinda just threw my cell phone in the dog's water dish (yeah it died, but is now risen from the dead. Lets hope it stays that way).

I decided that on my list of things to do before I die I wanted to plant a tree ALL BY MYSELF! Randy kept asking me if I wanted help, but I kept firmly and stubbornly telling him NO! I planted that tree by myself. I grunted and dug and picked away at large rocks with a pick ax and I PLANTED THAT TREE!!! Now, if it dies I'll be really sad, because I put a lot of effort into it.
Randy planted his own tree also. I helped him. A little.
We also got our yard sodded. So we have grass and a bunch of empty flower beds. Once we get rich enough to buy shrubs and flowers it will start to look prettier, but for now we have grass, and that's good enough for me.
Katie Marie has even enjoyed running through the sprinklers with the neighbor kids.
We also found Thumper hiding in our window well. We did get pest control a while back, but apparently it doesn't work on critters this size.
And this was Katie Marie eating oatmeal this morning. What a blessing it is to have a child that likes food storage. I'm a little more picky than her and don't particularly enjoy eating oatmeal. But she loves it and will also munch on whole carrot sticks or almonds when she's hungry. What a cutie!!!
Well, I better not say that's all for this month, because who knows what will be next. I'll put the camera out of reach so that that doesn't go in the dog's water dish as well.

3 comments:

Emily and Seth said...

That's great that you got grass and trees planted in your yard! I am sure that if you are related to Joy and Dean, which you are, that your yard and garden will be flourishing in no time!

Mindy said...

I can't wait until I can plant flowers and make our yard look pretty too. Maybe next spring! We are in Eagle Mountain, by the way. It's just bordering Saratoga.

Carrie said...

i LOVE your new house. so pretty. you guys look like you're doing well. i love that we have blogs so we can keep in touch.

good job planting a tree all by yourself!