Tuesday, January 1, 2013

My mommy died


I'm having a hard time. I thought 2012 was bad enough. But my mom died yesterday. It was sudden. She's young and I still have two little brothers that she needs to raise (age 7 & 11). She went in to have an in and out knee surgery on the 27th. On the 29th she woke up having a hard time breathing. She had been sleeping with my 7 yr. old brother that night because he was feeling sick. When she got out of bed she laid herself down on the bathroom floor and called for my little brother to go get dad. She was having such a hard time breathing that my dad called 911. About a minute before the paramedics arrived, she stopped breathing. He did 30 chest compressions before the paramedics took over. But it took 12 minutes for them to get a pulse back. Basically what happened is that blood clots went into her lungs. She's been on life support. Yesterday morning after a series of tests they decided to perform the test that would be our last hope. An apnea test. They took her off the ventilator to see if she would spontaneously breathe on her own. My Dad, Spencer, and I were there begging her to breathe, but she just wouldn't. She was declared brain dead and will be an organ donor.
She was homeschooling my two little brothers whose lives have now flipped upside down. My dad lost his best friend and we all lost the heart of our family and home. We miss you so, so, so, much mommy. We love you.

8 comments:

vandi said...

Brittney,
I am so so sorry. I know no words can help make a difference, but I just want you to know that my heart is reaching out to yours and that I am so sorry for everything you are going through right now in this moment. It brings back all the memories of when we got the call that Chad's dad had died so suddenly. Those moments are moments you never forget. I wish with all my heart I could reach through this screen and wrap my arms around you. Please know I'll be praying for you and for your family and for those two younger brothers of yours. I know Heavenly Father and even your mom will be very, very near you all. If you even just need to talk, I am here.

love,
Vandi

BFree said...

Your family is in our prayers. I have gotten to know Belinda through my time working with Stan at Free & Associates. You are an amazing family and the lord will bless you during this time. It is always a comfort to have the gospel. May the lord be with you as you continue in life. To Randy and the family we are here if you need anything.

Sincerely,
Bryan Free

Ju said...

Oh brittney, this breaks my heart. As these warm tears stream down my cheeks I can only imagine the amount of tears that have been shed for your sweet mother. Your family is in our prayers. I am so so sorry for your loss.

Jill said...

Losing your mother was one of the saddest losses every to happen to anyone. My love is with you Brittney. As is your mother's.

Draper Duo said...

Brittney, what a rough year this has been for you and your family. I just wanted to express my deepest condolences. I am here if you need anything, even just someone to talk to and a shoulder to cry on. You are one of the most amazing women I know, so ambitious and full of life. We will keep you in our prayers.

The Riries said...

Oh my heart, Brittney. I am so, so, so, so sorry. I remember meeting your mom when they moved you into the dorms, and remember being so impressed by her. You could just tell she was so good. My heart aches for you and your family.

Brady & Kelsey said...

Words can't express how deeply sorry I am for your loss. I'm not sure if you remember me from our old Rexburg ward, but please know that you're in our prayers.

Kelsey Ellis

Emily and Seth said...

Oh, Brittney,
I've been away from blogging for a long time because of computer troubles. I just read about your wonderful goal to change your questions to positive ones, and then the news about your mom passing away. I am sure that right after you decided to be more positive, there could not be a more difficult blow. Seth and I will pray for you and your family every day. And I wish I could come to visit you and bring my little baby to cheer your heart. But, as I'm all the way in Ohio, I don't think I can until I come to Utah in July (I'd love to visit then!). But, until then, please call me anytime you feel like talking. dos uno seis-cinco cinco quatro-cinco dos nueve quatro
Love, Emily