Alvin got his two front teeth (on the bottom) for Christmas!!!
The girls love taking their brother into the playroom to play with them.
We decided we would have a special dinner and present our yearly ornaments to everyone. Randy and I share and ours represents the canning we did for the first time this year. Katie Marie's represents her trip in the life flight helicopter, Belinda loves her stuffed animal cheetah "Kubali" and she also helped us plant flowers outside this year, and Alvin's is our cuddly little teddy bear (baby's first Christmas). We read "the Mansion" and then made our own mansion. Well, the ornaments, dinner and book went well, but....
Our mansion was particularly hard to build this year. Firstly, we didn't put enough flour in the gingerbread the night before and secondly, we didn't cut very precise measurements.
After it all fell apart, this is the best we came up with. At least we were laughing and it tasted good.
The girls decorated their cookies and tried to pile as much candy on them as they possibly could.
Funny story: The girls were making gingerbread houses a couple nights before at someone's house. I told Belinda to go make a "gingerbread" house (our dog's name=ginger). She said "no, I want to make a 'Ruby' house (my parent's dog=Ruby). "
You have such adorable kids! (what can I say . . . I am a proud aunt!)
Also I love your ornament idea. I didn't even get Oliver his first Christmas ornament. Didn't even really think about it till it was too late, maybe because all of our ornaments were packed away? Oh well. I can make or buy him one a few weeks later right? :) Love ya tons!
4 comments:
You have such adorable kids! (what can I say . . . I am a proud aunt!)
Also I love your ornament idea. I didn't even get Oliver his first Christmas ornament. Didn't even really think about it till it was too late, maybe because all of our ornaments were packed away? Oh well. I can make or buy him one a few weeks later right? :) Love ya tons!
It looks like you guys had an active and fun Christmas. You are great parents. Love the pictures.
What fun Christmas traditions. I like the ornament idea. :)
Looks like you guys had a great Christmas! Love all the traditions, they make Christmas that much more fun.
Post a Comment