Monday, May 23, 2011

May pictures & More

My amazing sister took these gorgeous newborn pictures!!! If you'd like her photography information, leave me a comment with your e-mail address and I'd be happy to send it to you.








We're trying to be funner parents, so one Monday night for Family Home Evening we just played games.




One night at the dinner table Katie Marie asked us if we knew how to play "Dead Woman."
We realized that she meant "Dead Man, dead man come alive, before I count to number five. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, come alive (the trampoline game)." She never learned that game from us, so we figure she learned it from her uncles. She likes to be politically correct. We all played it on the living room floor.


We've had a lot of "Rapunzel play" at our house. We basically have the movie "Tangled" memorized. The girls come up with all sorts of creative ways to make long hair. Katie Marie and Belinda love pretending like I'm the wicked mother (Gothel?). We take turns saying our different lines throughout the movie. One of the favorites for both Belinda and Katie Marie is:

Katie Marie: "Why can't I go outside?"

Belinda: "Outside?"

Me: "The outside world is a dangerous place filled with horrible selfish people. You must stay here where you're safe. Do you understand my flower?"

Katie Marie: "Yes Mommy."

Belinda: "Yeah!"

We've acted out several scenes from the movie.

I can't get enough of how cute my kids are when they sleep. I love going in at night to see what new funny position they are in.



Katie Marie is really good at taking care of her brother. Here she is bouncing his bouncer with her foot while coloring in her book.


Alvin is really good for his baths.
He is the happiest, best baby ever. He sleeps so good at night. The last 4 nights he has given me 6 and 7 hours straight without waking up. He basically has always slept all night (with the exception of probably the first 2 weeks). He only wakes up by grunting (not crying) to eat, after which he happily goes back to sleep without a single complaint. I love my baby. Also he is in the 90th percentile for his weight!!! At 4 wks. he weighed 11 lbs.

Something really unique about our little Alvin is that he has two calics (sp?) in the front of his head which result in the biggest widows peak I've seen on a little baby. The widows peak definitely comes from his daddy's side of the family, but he has the 2 calics that make it even more unique.

Being a mother is the BEST!!! How can it not be, when I have these 3 amazing children?



Being a father is the BEST too!!!


9 comments:

Stan said...

I enjoyed looking through these pictures. Angela did a nice job on Alvin's newborn pics. You and Randy sure are fun parents. Your children are lucky to have you and they are lucky to have both you and Randy.

Alison Rae said...

Alvin is adorable! You all are so cute!! Thanks for the update!

Angela said...

You are the cutest mom of three kids. Seriously! And I love the picture of Alvin smiling! Wow he is just growing up! And he really is an amazing mix of looking like both of his sisters, but with the perfect mix of boy-ness :)
What a fun family!

Ju said...

Such cute pictures!! I love the picture of Alvin and Alvin :o) Too cute. Glad to hear everything is going well for you guys, you look like you are loving life with three little munchkins :o)

Karla said...

You trully have a beautiful family! You look like you have figured it all out, having 3 now instead of just 2. Gorgeous pictures of Alvin, and the girls, and your whole family too! Loves to have a little peek inside your life, what goes on there. FUN STUFF!

Wileen said...

Very fun pictures. Angela did a teriffic job with the pictures of Alvin. Such cute poses. It is fun to see that the girls are still excited about Tangled. They are such fun girls. Can't wait to see and play with Alvin.

Mills said...

Hey Brittney- You were wondering about the spelling of calics... which is actually spelled "cowlicks". According to wikipedia: "The term "cowlick" originates from the cow's habit of licking its young, which results in a swirling pattern in the hair." So there's a little trivia for your day. Love ya!

Tawny said...

I saw this the day it came out, but I don't think my comment ever posted. These are such sweet pictures. My favorites are the one where he's dressed in brown and the one you took where he's smiling! You and Randy are great parents! (So are the girls to little Alvin by the looks of it.;) Thanks for sharing.

Rebecca said...

Alvin. Is. So. Cute. (So are the girls of course, but I've seen pictures of them before) ;) Congrats again! I love reading your updates and seeing pictures of your cute family!