Tuesday, March 2, 2010

February update

In most recent news: Our little girl is sick. She has had this sad little face for days. We took her to the doctor and she has a double ear infection and RSV. Don't worry we won't expose her to any of you, but your prayers would be appreciated. She has been one miserable little thing.
On Valentines day she was a cheerful adorable little sailor girl with pig tails.
I made two Valentine cakes using buttercream frosting. Thanks to my aunt for letting me borrow her cake pan and tips for frosting.
I think they turned out pretty good. Almost too pretty to eat, but we did.
I also surprised Randy with a Valentine's dinner on the Friday before Valentine's day.
The girls enjoyed helping me clean up the frosting.


Randy is a perfectionist. I was cutting cheese for some quesadillas we were making, then Randy took over. Can you tell whose pile of cheese is whose? I have no idea how he cuts his cheese so straight. I can't do that for the life of me.
Randy being the good father that he is had a tea party with his little girl. Cute, huh?

10 comments:

The Crebs Family said...

Poor Little Belinda. So sad. Hopefully she feels better soon!

Alison Rae said...

I hope Belinda feels better soon! She is so beautiful! Also, I totally understand about the cheese thing! That is exactly how mine look too! I don't know how people cut it so straight either! Great job on the cakes! I am way impressed!!

Ju said...

Belinda still looks just as cute even though she is sick. I hope she feels better soon.
Your valentines day looks like it was fabulous. Way to go on those cakes!! Awesome!!

The Cole Family D+K=D said...

Poor little Belinda! ear infections hurt soooo much!! I'm so sorry for her! she will be in our prayers :)
What a fun Valentine's :) You did an amazing job with the cakes :)

Gena said...

haha... Thanks for your comment. I know I don't have to have an epidural, but I remember how much it hurts. But luckily my mom reminded me of how quick it was for me and how good my recovery was so maybe I can do it again? I am just so nervous about all of it!

I love that Randy is having a tea party. I showed that picture to Spencer and said, "Can't you just wait?" I think it's precious! Hope your little Belinda girl gets well soon. That's just the worse!

vandi said...

Brittney!!! I'm so glad you wrote on blog so I could get to yours again. I'm not sure if I didn't give you my address when I went private or what, but I'm excited it works now: ) Well your valentines looked AWESOME! Nice work, and your girls get cuter and cuter all the time. Poor Belinda though. I hope she'd feeling better by now! Take care Britt

Stephanie said...

Wow. Brittney, I know a thing or two about cakes, and those are amazing! Great job! And the napkins at the Valentine's dinner are the coolest! I'm so impressed.

Tawny said...

I just realized I never commented! Ack! I love every picture. Everyone has such fun personalities, and it looks like you all combined them for a fun February (except for the sickness; that is NO FUN). Those cakes turned out BEAUTIFULLY! You are quite the artist! Someday you'll have to teach me your tricks.

Annie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hey thanks for the comments on Kaelyn's blog. That was really nice. (I secretly wish that someone I know will have a child with Down syndrome because it is so cool.) She taught us so much about life before she was even born. Props to your husband for those cheese cutting skills...I totally have an issue with cheese cutting, and my husband teases me about it and cuts much better than I.