Wednesday, February 6, 2013

My Mom's Testimony

My Mom's testimony:
I can't remember when I first had a testimony. I think I came with one and developed it more and more by living in a righteous home whose gospel was felt and lived. I have always wanted to choose the right. I am grateful to live in the winding up scenes of the world when the gospel is preached throughout the world. I am so thankful for a living prophet who speaks with power and conviction from the Lord. Sometimes what he has to say is not always popular but I am grateful to be blessed with an obedient spirit who wants to do what he says. I know the scriptures are true and am so grateful to be able to glean from its pages each time I read them. I have seen the power family scripture study and prayer can have on a family as they read each day. I am grateful for Faith and how I learned to accept the Lord's will in my behalf and trust in Him completely. I love the prophet Joseph Smith and am grateful for his courage and sacrifice as he restored the gospel in these latter-days. I am so thankful for the Savior in my life and the power of the atonement as I utilize its powers each day as I err and try to learn from my mistakes. I am so thankful to my Savior for allowing me to become perfected in him. As the windows of heaven are open to me as I study and pay the price to have hidden treasures of knowledge. The test always is to apply what you know and have learned. I am grateful for eternal families and the knowledge that I have to be resurrected on the morning of the first resurrection with the very elect and my family. I am excited to be able to create worlds of our own with my sweetheart. I am grateful for a testimony and hope I always remember those things to help my testimony grow; pray always, study the scriptures, attend the temple, and serve. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
My Mom, Belinda's feelings about the Savior and His Atonement:
I love the Savior and feel so grateful for his atonement in my life. I have so many imperfections and shortcomings. When I stop to recognize that the Savior has already suffered for all the pain I have endured, all the times I have sinned, when I have felt discouraged, for everything I have gone through it makes me feel extremely humble. I want to not take his suffering for granted and feel his love more in my life especially when I am going through hard times. I want to be more spiritually centered amidst the stressful days, the times when I feel fatigue, when I feel no one cares about me, when I feel alone. I want to feel his loving arms around me and feel the comfort that only the Savior can give to me. I look forward to the day when I can physically embrace my Savior and personally thank him for everything he has done for me. I don't think I need to thank him face to face for him to know. I just need to have the spirit of gratitude every day of my life. I have felt his love so many times throughout my life. Many of which were times of extreme hardship. I just hope I can live each day with the knowledge that I am on the path which leads to life eternal and that amidst my imperfections that I will make it along with all the friends and family that I hold dear. I wish that every day I will feel the pains of the atonement cleanse me from my sins and heal me from my afflictions. When I pass to the other side I will be embraced and the Savior will say to me "Well done, thou good and faithful daughter."

Picture of my mom at my grandfather's funeral in 2011.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Thank you for posting this Brittney. I have wanted to have a copy. Such beautiful words. I'm so glad you captured them in the first place.

Chaoyi said...

Your mom was such a beautiful person. She was amazing. Thanks for posting!