I think I'm craving human interaction and connection. I know blogging is basically a way to satisfy, but not really fulfill that need. I love visitors. Any takers? I'd come visit you, but I'm having a hard time inviting myself and 3 children to your house to add chaos. :) Sometimes I wish I was in the good ol' days when there was no such thing as telephones and computers and the only way you could have friends was to sit down for a nice visit and chat and people weren't so busy driving to and from and actually had time for each other. Maybe there is something to be said for that. I think maybe even Heavenly Father wants us to feel comfortable visiting each other's homes because he has these great programs called Visiting & Home Teaching where you actually have to call up someone and invite yourself to their house to....visit. A novel idea, huh? It's kind of easier to sit and pretend you have friends and check Facebook and blogs all day long. Reading about those acquaintances you had years ago, but may never actually see in real life again. Don't get me wrong, I love you all and I'm happy to read about your lives and I'd love for you to read about mine, but I need more than an occasional comment (sometimes I feel lucky to even get those). I'd rather replace the time I spend trying to socialize on the computer with an actual sit down visit or phone conversation. Yes, I am a hypocrite. When was the last time I came to visit you, you may ask? True that. Just let me know you're okay with me spontaneously bringing 3 kids over and you may see me at your door (unless you're out of state, in that case we have phones). What? Yes, this means you may not have time to do the dishes or mop and vacuum the floor, but this also means that I give you the same right to just show up and you most likely won't see the clutter-be-gone either. The only rule is you can't judge me if I'm still in my pajamas at 3 and I promise I won't judge you.
3 comments:
I know it is a little expensive, but you and your 3 wonderful kids can come over anytime, no appointment necessary!
Come visit us in Houston Texas!
Love it!! You are not alone, I feel the same way sometimes, and yes on the days I don't have anywhere to go, Scott comes home from work and I am still in my PJs. Other days I get back into my PJs, gotta love PJs right. I remember my mom living in what we called her moo moo dresses!!! The glamorous life of a mother who has the privilege of raising her own kids!!
Post a Comment