Thursday, October 4, 2012

The Run Down

So to give you a quick overview of our lives in the last little while in case you missed what's been going on. We had a wildfire near our house back in June. It narrowly missed a house up the street by 20ft.!! We were evacuated and have smelled a bit ashy every since.
Of course two months later that then lead to a devastating mudslide that hit our house and 10 other homes pretty hard. Ours was one of five that it filled up our entire basement.

They had to rip out our window well and dig a trench through our yard to drain the mud and then they bucketed out the rest by hand.


 
In between our two traumatic incidents we had a good time. The kids enjoyed playing downstairs together and I often found sweet moments like this.

We took the girls to an amusement park and found that Belinda is a dare devil.





We celebrated our 7 year anniversary. We love each other!

We had a few goofy moments.


The kids are cute sleeping. What's new?

I turned this:

Into this: (although it doesn't quite look like that anymore)

Bedtime rides

Drawing Portraits of each other. Belinda drew Katie Marie and Katie Marie drew Belinda.

Alvin playing the piano.

Relaxing in the sunshine.

I love how he crosses his legs.

Storytime with Daddy

And not forseeing the mud we'd be swimming in later on, we fulfilled one of my life long dream dates. Playing in the mud. We did an obstacle course together. We had a great time!!


After the mudslide (during the time when we were displaced), Belinda started preschool.

We're back in our house and there's been some magic at work. I think Harry Potter might have something to do with it:)

Or maybe his sister (oh you didn't know he had one? well here is proof).

I told Katie Marie to do her hair yesterday and this is the clever hairdo she created for herself.

Alvin. Happy as always!!!
Oh and we ran a marathon! Kind of a big deal (shrug). That's right 26.2 miles. We're slow, but we finished with smiles on our faces! Helps when you have an incredibly loyal running partner. Thanks Randy for sticking by my side through the good as well as the rough times (not just in running)! I couldn't ask for a better man by my side. Here's to another first for us! Love ya!
Also we just wanted to thank you all for the love, prayers, and support you've shown our family through the current crisis in our lives. We love each of you and feel grateful for such great friends in our lives. We know many of you are or will go through worse things in your own lives and we hope you know that we love you and want to be there to help you or pray for you, but most importantly our Savior Jesus Christ knows what you're going through and if you trust in Him, He can take you to places you never would have dreamed possible. He can make more of our lives than we can. We can do hard things with His help!

4 comments:

Emily and Seth said...

Love all the pictures! Katie Marie looks so grown up. I remember when I was her nursery leader. I hope life will calm down for you soon. Thanks for your example of faith and recognizing the blessings you have :)

vandi said...

I'm so sorry to hear about all that's been going on for you guys with the fire and the flash flood. That is so crazy. I'm so glad you have had people around you to help and make your burdens a little lighter. I hope things look up from here for a little while: ) By the way, that is awesome that you guys ran a marathon together. I love that last picture of you two during the race! So cool: )

Belinda said...

Wow, what a journey it has been for you. More has happen in your life lately than most people ever go through. You have come off conquerors of hard things. I'm sure these experiences will mold you into the person Heavenly Father wants you to become. Way to go to have a great attitude. Sure love ya!!! Love the upside face puppets. So hilarious!!!

Scott & Annedria said...

What happy memories during such a hard time!! You guys are awesome and I admire your strength, did I mention you have such a cute little family!! Love you guys!!