Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Best Costume EVER!!!

I just have to say that I am extremely proud of this costume. I'm not usually one to put a lot of thought and effort into costumes for Halloween, but I had this idea several months ago when I realized Alvin's hair was perfect for the part. So, next year when you all see this idea on every baby, just remember that it all started with this little cutie:
He won 2nd place in our ward Halloween contest. The first place went to a guy dressed up like a hunter with a bullet through his neck.

The girls were both super heros. This is truly how everyone felt about getting their picture taken:

But with the promise of candy this is what we got:

He's my vampire and I'm his "mummy."

We went trick or treating at my friends office building. It's a lot easier to go cubicle to cubicle with little kids. The office went all out and had several spook alleys and fun decorations.





The kids received Halloween cards in the mail from Grandma and Grandpa. Alvin loved his.

We decided to paint pumpkins this year, instead of carving them. Much to Randy's excitement!!!




I decided to help Alvin put a turkey on his. Just in case it lasts till Thanksgiving!

So I called up Randy yesterday and said, "I just did something really spontaneous." His first question to me was: "What did you buy?" I knew he was going to ask me that! BUT, I told him I didn't buy anything. I was driving home and saw a man loading a big black bag full of leaves he had raked up from his yard. I pulled over and asked him if I could have his bag of leaves. He of course said yes (he probably thought I was crazy). I've always wanted to let my kids jump in a pile of leaves, but we've never had big trees to do that. I felt just like a little kid again, driving home with my bag of leaves. Once we got home, I dumped out the bag of leaves and let the kids play. They had a SO MUCH FUN!!!















We hope you all had a Happy Halloween! We sure did. We stayed home, ate bread bowls and soup, pumpkin cookies, popcorn, and watched a movie. Oh, and we answered the door for the one group of trick or treaters that came by. It was fantastic!!!

5 comments:

Ju said...

Lol, Alvin's costume is adorable!!! The girls of course are very cute as well. I love that you spontaneously asked someone for their bag of leaves! The is awesome. Jumping in leaves is one of the best memories I have as a kid. I wish the leaves here weren't so wet and soggy so our kids could enjoy jumping in them more ... Gotta love Oregon. :)

Belinda said...

Sooo cute. Alvin does look so authentic. I think he should be Darcula every year (unless his hair changes) maybe not with the "suck your milk" part. I'm so glad you had your moment of spontanuity. If you need more leaves I will donate some more for hours of more fun:)

Scott & Annedria said...

Cutest little vampire I have ever seen!! And such cute superheros also. What a good mommy to bring home a big bag of leaves, I loved playing in leaves in the fall also. I bet they had a blast!!

Cristie Jensen said...

Love Alvin, a perfect Vampire - Have always loved playing in the leaves, that was a good idea, your a good mom!

Alison Rae said...

I love Alvin's costume! That is hilarious! You are such a fun Mom!