Wednesday, September 14, 2011

What's been going on

In case you were wondering what's been going on over here.
We had a party for a special girl.





Learning to ride a two wheeler. Don't you love all the sunflowers?

We have a mutant "sunflowers" in our yard. You may think that this is a picture of two different sunflowers...

Look again. Has anyone ever seen something so bizarre before.

Randy, the sweet husband he is, painted my toe nails. He wanted to put little flowers on them so that I'd be the cutest thing in town. We had quite the fun time watching his creative energy go to work on these beauties. He did a pretty good job!!!

This little boy can now sit up like a big boy!!! Have I ever mentioned this is my FAVORITE stage!!

We styled his hair so cute!!! Now he looks like a preppy motorcycle dude with his mohawk. Randy think this is the weirdest style to do on baby's (boy or girl). I guess he'd prefer dracula!!! No, he's probably just jealous, because he can't get his hair to do such cool things because of his curly fro.







Now that summer is coming to its close, I thought I'd post a little about what our garden and yard have become. Giant randomly placed sunflowers!!! I think Katie Marie was looking at some bugs that had landed on the under side of this one.

Flowers!!

Stargazer lilies are Randy's favorite flower. The girls seem to love them too.

I believe in a hands on approach to teaching kids about the joys of gardening. Which is why the girls are my primary harvesters. The girls beg me almost every day to go out in the garden. Here they are using Belinda's shirt to carry tomatoes in.

Of course the number one thing they usually want to pick are the rasberries. It didn't take long for them to figure out which ones to pick. After picking and trying a few white berries, now they never pick them until they are ripe (even if they are red, they wait until they easily come off the bush).

We are definitely going to have to get a hold of some better tomato cages for next year. Ours fell over with the huge tomato plants.



Peppers!!

Watermelon!!

Picking a peck of purple peppers!!

It was our first year to grow a garden. We're definitely not experts, but we've learned a ton and our family has had so much fun with it.

1 comment:

Belinda said...

I am so proud of you for carrying on the Grandpa Wilding tradition. I'm glad someone got those genes.