Wednesday, April 13, 2011

NICU

Alvin was sent to the NICU. He was having respiratory problems. He has had his blood drawn to check for infection. He is on an IV to keep his blood sugar levels up, he was on oxygen, and he is on a bunch of monitors to check his oxygen levels, respiratory rate, and heart rate. We had to go home without baby. I'm pretty tired. It's a good thing we have insurance because I'll tell you what, our kids this year!!!
Alvin is doing well and everything should turn out okay. He sure is a sweet little thing.


As far as the delivery went, I went unmedicated again, but was a total wimp this time. The difference between this one and Belinda's delivery was night and day. I delivered him on my hands and knees and was basically screaming (for me) the whole time. It wasn't that enjoyable and I'm glad it's over with. If you want further details talk with me.


It's been a long week, actually month, I'm tired! But extremely blessed.

6 comments:

Ju said...

Oh he is so cute!! What a precious little baby! Can't wait to hear he is home with you. I'm sorry to hear this delivery was not as pleasant as the last, but you are still incredible. But you are right, you are extremely blessed, you have an amazing family!

Angela said...

You are so strong Brittney. I really know the Lord is giving these trials to you for a reason. Probably because you are strong enough and blessed enough. I know it doesn't feel that way, but just know from an outsider's view, you are doing amazing and handling everything given to you much better than most of us would. I love you so much! Thank you for being an awesome example to me! We also love little Alvin, and I just LOVED getting to meet him!

Anonymous said...

Welcome, welcome, little Alvin! :-) Keep us posted on his lungs, please... He's in my prayers! What a cutie-pie.

Karla said...

What a beautiful baby! I hope he continues doing well enough to come home soon. It is so strange to be in the hospital with no baby in your room, and then come home with no baby too. We had our first baby that way, made me thankful for every baby after that wasn't admitted to the NICU. Chin up, and we are still praying for your family.

Tawny said...

I was so happy to NOT see you in the hospital yesterday! Glad things are going better. I can't wait to hear details, but I can too. You need your rest! You are all troopers. I say amen to everything Angela said!

Belinda said...

I love you. For the record I thought you did an awesome job during your delivery. For what you have gone through lately, I'm surprised you didn't get an epideral. You did better than you think. You are a strong woman, stronger than most. Alvin is so adorable. I'm glad you're home where you can rest and recover.