Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Recent Happenings

Christmas
It was fun!!! Here us girls are Christmas morning! We always read our scriptures before going out to open presents.
The main gift from us this year was little "My Loving Family" dolls for the girls to share.
Funny story: Katie Marie was looking through her stocking and she pulled out this pomegranite, raised it high above her head and in a very excited voiced yelled, "an onion!!!" We were laughing so hard. Then she pulled out this cute little green flower shaped hotpad Randy had crocheted for her and gave it a funny look then threw it to me and said, "mom this is for you." Apparently she thought that there was a mistake in whose stocking that was supposed to be in.
Belinda enjoyed eating her orange while Katie Marie helped open her presents for her.
A little drum Katie Marie made her out of an old formula can!!! Katie Marie loves using chapstick.
I made Randy a crochet bag, since he's becoming such a pro:) I may be selling these in the near future if anyone is interested.
Belinda also got these adorable shoes that I won on the Dang Gina Giveaway blog.
Grandma and Grandpa gave the girls this huge tent/tunnel thing the girls loved.
Gingerbread
Before Christmas we made gingerbread men and houses. We are starting it as a new tradition. It was so fun and yummy!!!

Snow
This was Belinda's first time in the snow. Daddy pulled the girls around in the sled.
Belinda
Isn't she beautiful?
Funny position to fall asleep in.
She was caught in the act of taking tissues out of the tissue box one at a time as fast as she possibly could. She doesn't look sorry about it at all.

Her most recent news is that she can walk around pushing this little stroller thing which has zero support whatsoever. She is getting braver and braver and will stand without holding onto anything. She also has her two front teeth on the top and on the bottom, so she has four teeth total.

Yesterday Katie Marie and I were at the dinner table and she was asking me how to say words in Spanish. Fork? Tenedor. Pants? Pantalones. etc. If I didn't know how to say the word she would tell me what it was. She then asked me how to say cup. I told her I didn't know how to say cup in Spanish. She then told me "cuplo." It was pretty funny. It actually is vaso.

7 comments:

Ju said...

Your it's family is just too stinking cute. Glad you had a great christmas!!

Tawny said...

Merry Christmas! It looks like you had a fun day with your beautiful family! Your new blog is adorable. I should call you and catch up!

The Crebs Family said...

Such cute girls! I love that picture of Belinda with the accessories and Katie Marie with her Onion.

Annie said...

I love the pictures of Christmas morning. Was it just the four of you? How fun! We have yet to have our own little family Christmas morning since we have been married. And I love the gingerbread houses! And yes, I love Katie Marie's onion too! :o)

Brittney Deanne said...

I can't believe how beautiful Belinda and katie Marie are! I thought for sure Belinda couldn't possibly be as cute, but she is! And they look so different! Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas, I am so glad!

Rebecca said...

Yeah! I found your new blog address! I kept checking back forgetting that you'd made your other one private.

Then I realized you've commented on our blog recently and tah-dah! I found you!

Looks like Christmas was great, and I agree with everyone, you have some dang cute girls!!

Marly said...

Did she like her onion? :)
How fun for Belinda to be walking. I love watching that process.