Welcome to our new blog. I thought a good way to begin this blog is by sharing with each of you our testimonies. For those of you who have our old blog on your blog lists, we would appreciate it if you change that blog address to this one. Thanks. We will be keeping you up to date on our lives using this blog from now on. I hope each of you will continue to leave me comments. It makes me feel so good that you all care about what is happening with us.
Brittney's Testimony:
I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is true. I know that Jesus Christ is the head of this church and that His mouthpiece here on earth today is President Thomas S. Monson, the living prophet. Our Savior Jesus Christ loves each of us, He knows each of us. He atoned for all of our sins and he has suffered for all of our pains, afflictions, and burdens. He can heal all of our pains of every kind. He can strengthen us to endure the pains we are called on to bear. He is continually turned toward us. All that we need to do is to turn toward Him. Our Savior Jesus Christ is the perfect example to follow. He is merciful and kind and full of forgiveness and love. He is the perfect judge. He lived a perfect life, died to atone for us and was resurrected, and He lives now. He will come again to rule and reign on the earth. We too will be resurrected and live again after death and families truly can be together forever, if they are sealed together in the holy temples of God and keep all covenants that they make therein. The work that is done in those temples is sacred and the covenants that are made are powerful and real. We have limitless potential if we keep all of our covenants and rely upon the Atonement of Jesus Christ. Christ has given us tools to help us in our life so that we can return to live in the presence of our Father in heaven. We have prophets that help us know the will of God and can lead us in the way of truth. The first prophet in this dispensation of time was Joseph Smith who through the power given to him by Jesus Christ restored this church to the earth with all the same keys, authority, and power of the priesthood that existed on the earth at the time of Christ’s mortal ministry. Those keys of the priesthood have been passed down from prophet to prophet and now Thomas S. Monson holds that authority and power today. If we follow his teachings we will not go astray. Another tool that has been given to us is scripture, the Bible and Book of Mormon and other modern scripture given to us through prophets. The Book of Mormon is true. It is another testament of Jesus Christ. The power of that book is real. It can change our lives for the better, if we follow the truths taught therein. It can help us to resist temptations and turn our lives to Christ. We have not been left without guidance on this earth to help us to return to our Heavenly Father. He loves us. His Son, our Savior Jesus Christ loves us. They love us regardless of our many faults and imperfections. Their love is perfect. They want us to return to them forever and to inherit all the blessings that are available to us if we live faithfully. I know this is all true, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Randy's Testimony:
I would like to bear you my testimony that Christ lives and that he is the center of everything we do. We should never rise in the morning without dedicating ourselves to our Lord and Savior before we start each day. I know that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God and has started the foundation of a great work in the Lord’s kingdom. I know that families can be together forever through the Holy Priesthood given to us by our God allowing us to have the sealing power in our Holy Temples to seal in heaven what has been sealed on earth. I know that the plan of salvation will never be frustrated because it is a plan given by our Heavenly Father, who is perfect, all knowing, and all powerful. I know that we are children of God and that we can become like him as we strive to follow the example that Jesus Christ left for us. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and was written by his servants while inspired by the Holy Ghost. I know that the atonement that has been effected by our Savior, Jesus Christ, is real and that it has the power to save even the most damned soul if we are willing to give our lives to our Savior. Not only does it have the power to save the penitent, but it also has the power to increase the strength of the saint. As Elder Bednar stated “it is the enabling power of Christ to make bad men good and good men better.” I know that Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father love me and know who I am and want me to succeed in this life by not only saving my soul, but also the souls of those with whom I interact. I am nothing without them and I am capable of anything with them, for with God nothing is impossible if we only believe and have faith in him. I have not seen an angel appear before me as Joseph Smith and I have not had one magical experience that has changed my life, but I have had the witness of the Spirit confirm to me many times in small ways that has given me a greater testimony than any of those previous experiences could ever give; for great things are brought about by small means. I have a testimony because of the Spirit and I know these things to be true because of the many witnesses the Spirit has given me and I cannot nor ever will deny these revelations given me. This is a small portion of my testimony of many things that I know to be true, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Jane 23
5 months ago




1 comment:
Thanks for sharing your testimonies, guys. It strengthens mine to hear others, and it also helps in the day-to-day.
Have a wonderful Christmas with your sweet family, and by the way, your girls could not be any more beautiful. They are just gorgeous.
Post a Comment